Air-Weigh, a leader in the manufacture and distribution of on-board scale systems nationwide, has an immediate opening for a Cloud Software Engineer.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Class: (TS) Technical Staff
Summary: Design, development and test of new products
Hours: 8 hours per day, Monday thru Friday; additional hours as necessary
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and/or five to ten years’ experience as a Cloud Software Engineer
Minimum qualifications & experience:
- Experience with protocol development and troubleshooting, Ethernet, BLE, WiFi
- Experience in at least one high-level programming language, i.e. Ruby, Java
- Experience with API usage and command line interface
- Sensor based experience
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Skilled in utilizing continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications
- Experience with Amazon web services, knowledge of key features of Cloud Service Providers
- Excellent skills in writing, correcting and debugging code modules and code writing skills for serverless applications
- Knowledge of end-to-end product development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with debugging and developing cloud applications
Additional qualifications & experience preferred:
- Experience designing and developing vehicle software
- Experience with inter-device communications
- Experience with 8051 derivative
- Experience with SAE network protocols J1939, J1708/J1587
- Experience with ARM derivative
Primary job duties:
- Coding and development of applications
- Develop, deploy and debug cloud-based applications
- Work within company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide periodic project progress reports
- Participate in new product R&D
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
At Air-Weigh we foster a culture of inclusion, support and camaraderie. We put an emphasis on work-life balance and like to include company events and team building as part of our daily environment. We are a smaller company with big ambitions. We offer a rich benefits package including health/vision/dental/life insurances, short & long term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match and stock options.
If you would like the opportunity to become a member of our talented team, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] and include the words Cloud Software Engineer in the subject line.