Air-Weigh, a leader in the manufacture and distribution of on-board scale systems nationwide, has an immediate opening for an effective technician. This position merges technical aptitude with a hint of mechanical, electrical and computer knowledge.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Summary: Customer Service, Manufacturing, Technology, Mechanical
Hours: 8 hours per day, Monday thru Friday; additional hours as necessary
*Hours may temporarily vary due to current COVID-19 regulations
- Travel required; travel allowance provided.
Educational Requirements: High School education or GED
Minimum qualifications & experience:
- Ability to use a PC effectively to accomplish work
- Experience verbally troubleshooting electronic systems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience/Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Experience/Ability to resolve product problems quickly and effectively
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- Experience working with truck wiring and vehicle electronics.
- Experience developing installation and troubleshooting manuals.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving electrical issues.
- Experience welding.
- Experience working in a shop.
- Experience working with android and apple mobile phones/tablets.
- Experience providing training to clients on installation and use of products.
- Experience working with or troubleshooting state of the art telematics.
- Experience troubleshooting or working with scales used in the trucking industry.
Primary job duties:
- Provide telephone, on-site & on-line support for all product lines
- Provide customer training & on-site installation of all product lines
- Track product and customer problems
- Handle warranty replacement, RMA system and limited parts sales
- Efficiently use electronic diagnostic tools and aides
- Works within company guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Analyze field problems and provide feedback to Quality/Engineering on product issues and failures
- Perform alpha test for new products and new product features
- Navigates the BOS Portal (standards and procedures library)
- Navigates the BOS documentation (standards and procedures)
- Assist Engineering and product management in developing and maintaining Product Application Notes/technical content and product bulletins
- Provide field environmental data to Engineering for test purposes
- Applies attention to detail
- Is mindful of aesthetics.
- Stays current on product knowledge and performs required professional development.
- Maintain Operation, Installation and Troubleshooting Manuals with assistance from Marketing
- Assist Engineering in developing and maintaining Product Application Notes
At Air-Weigh we foster a culture of inclusion, support and camaraderie. We put an emphasis on work-life balance and like to include company events and team building as part of our daily environment. We are a smaller company with big ambitions. We offer a rich benefits package including health/vision/dental/life insurances, short & long term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match and stock options.
If you would like the opportunity to become a member of our talented team, email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] and include the words Customer Support Technician in the subject line.